Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shut The Hell Up And Grow Up

It cracks me up when a male or female get upset when they find out that their spouse is cheating on them when these individuals opened the door for it to happen with their actions. Now before you say not all the time, let me say I agree. However, this post is not about those who were betrayed or done nothing wrong. I'm talking to those who knew their actions towards their spouse were jacked up but still wanted to play the victim role. As I have said before, after you have screamed, listened to sad music, burned up pictures, threw stuff out the door, and play the victim, get up, look yourself in the mirror and ask the question, what was my part in this happening? It's so so so easy to tell the story of how we were wronged and we say loud and clear for everyone to hear! Yes, but when the moment comes for us to take responsibility for our own actions, we all of a sudden need speech therapy.

No!!!! Don't fall back now! Don't exit stage left! You loved it when you were center stage and the spot light was on you. You were loud and boisterous about how you felt when the betrayal happened. You looked and searched all over for people to take your side and wow, you even called your cousin pookie to go beat the hell out of this man because you were so hurt. Yeah my brother this blog is not just for the sisters but for you as well because while my sisters, who are playing the victim role, is calling pookie, you so hurt that you get even by sleeping with her friend or family member with that false encouragement in the back of your mind saying, yeah man she deserves this! Make her hurt like she hurt you. Whew!!!!

This blog is about you and no one else. You have a decision to make this morning or this evening whenever your reading this. See, the truth of the matter is, this happened because of your refusal to listen to the instructions that were coming from God. How many times has God told you that you are putting your ministry, career, money, education, success, and people before your spouse? How many times have you told God no through your actions? How many times has selfishness determined your response to your spouse? You cried out for the truth so here it is.

Psalm 95:8-11
8The LORD says, “Don’t harden your hearts as Israel did at Meribah,
as they did at Massah in the wilderness.
9For there your ancestors tested and tried my patience,
even though they saw everything I did.
10For forty years I was angry with them, and I said,
‘They are a people whose hearts turn away from me.
They refuse to do what I tell them.’
11So in my anger I took an oath:
‘They will never enter my place of rest.’”
The children of Israel lost out because they refused to do what God told them to do. So lets be real right now. It was not lust or adultery that messed up your relationship, it was a refusal to obey the voice of God. Restoration and heal can only begin when you choose to be honest with yourself and say, it's me Lord, it's me.



















No comments:

Post a Comment